We are conscious, more than ever at the moment, of the potential for people to be suffering from poor mental health. Whether through financial worries, emotional strains, worries about the virus, home schooling or just where the money is coming from to keep the business going and food on the table.
It can often seem like you have little to offer anyone who is struggling but we believe there are some simple things we can all do to support each other:-
- Be available to listen – you don’t have to supply a solution
- Accept that we all have good days and bad days and those in your house may be in a different place to you today
- Be open to trying something new – free apps are available for downloading to cope with stress
- Ask for help
- Accept for help
- Avoid social media and other media that can impact your mood
- Try to get outside. You may not feel like exercising, but some sun on your face and Vitamin D can help the mood
- Be kind to yourself
- Be kind to others
- Don’t judge
- It’s OK to be sad, now more than ever we need to appreciate that people’s lives aren’t perfect
and remember….. “this too shall pass” (William Shakespeare)
Hilary and Ellie, our Mental Health specialist trainers are available via webinars to support managers and staff in coping with mental health issues and surviving stress. If you need us, call 01892 832059.