The Parks Department of Canada sent this email to their staff at the start of the pandemic in 2020 – we would all like to think that we said the same to our people ….maybe some did, but there will be a large proportion who didn’t.
However as we start to see a relaxation of some restrictions, we can revisit this and ensure that we put our people first.
- you are not working from home, you are at your home during a crisis trying to work
- your personal physical, mental and emotional health is far more important than anything else right now
- you should not try to compensate for lost productivity by working longer hours
- you will be kind to yourself and not judge how you are coping based on how others are coping
- you will be kind to others and not judge how they are coping based on how you are coping
- your team’s success will not be measured in the same way it was when things were normal